Challenge: Chevrolet’s goal was to announce and launch its national partnership with the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk.
• Promote Chevrolet’s Partnership in the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer using social media to reach new audiences.
• Position the Chevrolet brand at the local level as a caring, cause-conscious partner.
• Build a vibrant, engaged social media community around Chevrolet’s philanthropic commitment to women’s health and the elimination of breast cancer
Solution: Monkeybread developed a powerful social media concept that produced inspiring results in the fight against breast cancer—including participation exceeding campaign expectations, as well as $35,000 in generous support for continued research and patient services. Managing content and moderating conversations, Monkeybread positioned the Chevrolet Local Marketing Association Facebook pages as hubs for fans who wished to pledge their support to the fight against breast cancer. The campaign also provided multiple opportunities to share, care, connect, follow, and engage—with Chevrolet and those involved in this important cause across Facebook and Twitter. We were honored to be part of this positive and important community-building effort in support of healing and health.
More than . . .
• 35,000 new Facebook fans
• 6.8 million Twitter impressions
• $35,000 raised locally for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
• 136,000 stories about the campaign created by Facebook users
“From a national brand perspective, local social needs to support national campaigns while at the same time create and cultivate authentic local conversations and connections. This requires that a social agency be adept at simultaneously managing the local objectives of the client, collaborating with multiple agency partners and providing relevant local content for the social communities. Jeanie and her team were able to find this balance for Chevrolet.”
Manager – Connected Customer